Let’s Make Mental Health Care Available for All
Mental Health looks different for everybody, which is why Ontario Greens have a plan to satisfy the challenge of providing accessible, and culturally appropriate health care to all Ontarians. Where mental health care is destigmatized, meets people where they live, starts with a give attention to prevention, and expands support for addictions and community services.
Ten priorities to enhance mental health care in Ontario:
- Expand access to mental health and addiction care under OHIP.
- Increase mental health and addiction spending to 10% of our health budget.
- Develop a 3 digit dedicated crisis response line and health-focused crisis response teams to answer mental health and substance related calls.
- Reduce waitlists to 30 days or less for youngsters’s mental health services.
- Support Indigenous-led clinics and healing programs for mental health.
- Create a dedicated Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions.
- Decriminalize drug use, expand protected consumption sites, and shift funding from the justice system to healthcare.
- Construct 60,000 everlasting supportive housing spaces with wrap-around mental health and other supports.
- Enhance mental well-being with connected communities and expanded access to nature trails, parks and guarded greenspace.
- Spend money on more Youth Wellness Hubs and community centres that supply access to local mental health services, spaces for social interaction, and supports for families.