TORONTO– Ontario Greens are the one party with an actual plan for real climate motion.
“This Liberal climate plan is watered down, short on details, non-costed, and doesn’t take the mandatory steps to tackle the climate emergency that we face,” Ontario Greens Leader Mike Schreiner said.
“Half measures won’t cut it. We want an actual plan for real motion to crush climate pollution and make Ontario a large in the brand new climate economy. And we should be honest with people on how we’re going to pay for it.”
In relation to Liberals on climate and the environment, a fast have a look at their record shows that actions speak louder than words:
- Gutted the Endangered Species Act to make it easier for the forestry, aggregates, mining and energy sectors to run roughshod over Ontario’s sensitive wildlife habitats
- Didn’t vote against the Line 5 pipeline which severely threatens the Great Lakes
- Voted in support of Doug Ford’s licence plate sticker election gimmick and did not vote against the gas tax cut, each which is able to increase fossil fuel consumption and worsen the climate emergency
- Refuse to oppose the Holland Marsh Highway (Bradford Bypass)
- Sold off Hydro One, which weakened the province’s ability to push for energy conservation measures
As an alternative of half measures, Ontario Greens will:
- Crush climate pollution by implementing a carbon budget and get us to net-zero by 2045
- Double the scale of the Greenbelt to incorporate a Bluebelt of protected waterways and work with Indigenous communities to guard 25% of Ontario by 2025 and 30% by 2030
- Create a whole bunch of 1000’s of latest jobs and save people energy and and money with by launching transformative green retrofit program
- Train a various green workforce by funding a years’ tuition for 60,000 students, and ensuring they’ve work once they graduate.
- Triple public transit use by 2030, by making it clean, fast, convenient, reliable, reasonably priced,
- Make EVs cheaper by offering rebates of $10K for a recent electric automotive, $1K for a used electric automotive and $1K for an e-bike