2012 Green Living Show Breaks Attendance Record – Proof that Demand for a Green Economy is Growing
TORONTO, April 20, 2012 /CNW/ –
What: The 2012 Green Living Show surpassed its all-time high attendance record set in 2011.
“The 2012 show hits record breaking attendance and demonstrated that the demand for innovative products and services will drive our economy and create jobs in Canada“, says Laurie Simmonds, President and CEO, Green Living Enterprises.
Highlights from the 2012 show:
- 21.9% increase in attendance over last year with an impressive 37,348 in attendance
- Over 450 Green Living Approved exhibitors who helped make the show a success including sponsors: Samsung, Toyota, General Electric, the Province of Ontario, RONA, The City of Toronto and Earth Day Canada
- Over 49,000 pounds of e-waste collected to be responsibly recycled, a 20% increase over last year
- With the help of the community The Green Living Show was able to donate over $150,000 to environmental organizations
- Crowds were drawn by the live animal demonstrations in the EcoKids Zone and the Bird Exhibit, local and sustainable food in the Farm Fresh Fare, and our line-up of eco-experts, icons and celebrities on the Main Stage.
- Eco education programming attracts over 8,000 students and teachers
- Innovations and Inventions Ontario exhibit debuts and is set to travel throughout the Province
- Business Forum highlights investment to green innovators
- Green Job Forum launched a Fall event with support from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
- Federal Budget panel debate on the reduction of environmental assessment process generated 2,732 petitions
- Nine outstanding Green Toronto Award winners (for more info: http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/954989/green-toronto-award-winners-for-2012-include-youth-residents-non-profits-and-businesses
- The Green Living Show reused live trees from Canada Blooms donated to Trees Ontario for Goderich Tornado Recovery efforts